|Born||12 July 1989 (age 33)|
|Position held||member of the European Parliament (2022–)|
Marina Mesure (born 12 July 1989) is a French member of the European parliament since July 2022.
For several years, she campaigned for the General Confederation of Labour, in particular against the Posted Workers Directive 1996, and acted as a social adviser to the European Federation of Building and Woodworkers.
Marina Mesure is a candidate for the 2019 European Parliament election in France, on the list presented by La France Insoumise. She is supported on this occasion by trade unionists from 38 countries, who see in her the candidate who will be able to bring European and international trade union struggles to the European Parliament.
She is a candidate in the 2022 legislative elections in the Bouches-du-Rhône's 10th constituency, where she was widely defeated in the second round by José Gonzalez of the National Rally. However, she gets the majority (50.35%) of the vote in the former communist stronghold of Gardanne.
Following Manuel Bompard's election to the National Assembly in June 2022, she succeeded him as MEP in July.
- ^ Frédérique Gros (9 January 2019). "Élections européennes : Marina Mesure entre en campagne à Gréasque". La Provence. Retrieved 1 July 2022.
- ^ Agathe Mercante (17 April 2019). "Marina Mesure : « Détachée » en politique". Politis. Retrieved 1 July 2022.
- ^ "Marina Mesure". La France insoumise. 7 December 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2022.
- ^ "Européennes. A Vitré, 20 personnes à la réunion de la France Insoumise". 14 May 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2022.
- ^ a b Fabien Cazenave (20 June 2022). "Législatives. Quatre eurodéputés élus à l'Assemblée nationale vont quitter le Parlement européen". Retrieved 1 July 2022.
- ^ "Des syndicalistes de 38 pays soutiennent Marina Mesure, candidate insoumise aux élections européennes" (in French). 2019-04-30. Retrieved 2022-07-16.
- ^ Catherine Walgenwitz (20 June 2022). "[Législatives] Marina Mesure, candidate de la gauche, perd son duel face au RN". Retrieved 30 June 2022..