Pirate Party of Greece
Pirate Party of Greece
Κόμμα Πειρατών Ελλάδας
|Leader||Has no leader, but a management board.|
|Founded||14 January 2012 (2012-01-14)|
|European affiliation||European Pirate Party|
|International affiliation||Pirate Parties International|
The Pirate Party of Greece (Greek: Κόμμα Πειρατών Ελλάδας) is a political party in Greece. Based on the model of the Swedish Pirate Party, it supports reform of copyright law, the abolition of patents, and respect for privacy.
The party was founded on 14 January 2012. It was officially recognized on 10 February 2012, and had 480 members on that date. At the 8 December 2013 Congress, the principles of Direct Democracy and Ecology were deleted. The proceedings of the 2013 congress have not been published. Today the party has about 20-25 active members.
May/June Legislative Elections 2012
On 6 May Greek legislative election, 2012 the party managed to present candidates in 31 of the 56 constituencies and secured 0.51% (32,484) of the total votes. Out of 32 parties, the Pirate Party came 19th. In the June 2012 election the party received 0.23% of the vote (14,169), coming 14th out of 21 parties.
European Elections 2014
On 25 May 2014 the party participated in the 2014 European elections in a coalition with Ecologist Greens. The coalition received 0,90% (51.573) of the vote. Noted that Ecologist Greens (standalone with no coalition and before their breakup in two separate parties) received in the May 2012 election 2,93% (185.366) of the vote, and in the June 2012 election 0.88% (54.420) of the vote. Their second half, Prasinoi participated separately in the European elections and received 0.50% (28,460 votes).
European Elections 2019
- ^ "Greek pirates willing to "sail" in the local political ocean".
- ^ Αρχές-Πρόγραμμα (in Greek). Pirateparty.gr.
- ^ "Pirates of the world united in Prague at the Pirate Parties International conference 2012". Archived from the original on 2012-09-08.
- ^ Το Κόμμα των Πειρατών πήρε θέση στην πολιτική ζωή της Ελλάδας (in Greek). Archived from the original on 2012-04-17. Retrieved 2012-03-07.
- ^ https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=el&sl=el&tl=en&u=https://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/Κόμμα_Πειρατών_Ελλάδας#Ιστορία
- ^ "Pirateparty.gr forum • Προβολή θέματος - Ψηφοφορία για την συνεργασία με την ΛΑ.Ε." Archived from the original on 2019-06-02. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- ^ "Μετάφραση Google".
- ^ "Parliamentary Elections May 2012" (in Greek). Greek Ministry of Interior. Archived from the original on 2012-06-19.
- ^ "Parliamentary Elections June 2012" (in Greek). Greek Ministry of Interior. Archived from the original on 2012-06-19.
- ^ "European Elections May 2014" (in Greek). Greek Ministry of Interior. Archived from the original on 2014-05-27.
- ^ "Παρουσίαση υποψηφίων Ευρωβουλευτών Κόμματος Πειρατών Ελλάδας" [Presentation of Pirate Party Greece's candidates for MEPs] (in Greek). Pirate Party of Greece. 2019-04-18. Retrieved June 2, 2019.
- ^ "Επικράτεια | Ευρωεκλογές - Μάιος 2019" (in Greek). Greek Ministry of Interior. Retrieved June 2, 2019.
- Official website
This article about a Greek political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.